Gastroenterology Community
Polyp in Gallbladder

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Polyp in Gallbladder

I dont know if this is the right forum to post this in or not but I was told that it is pretty common to have a polyp in your gallbladder.  I have been doing some research on the web and I am not having much luck in finding information on it.  Could someone please tell me where I could go to find info on side effects of this or if there are any at all.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Sign into e-medicine or medscape and query those sources. The articles are going to be written in a very technical manner however.

In general, in the past if the polyp wasn't blocking the opening to the cystic duct and if it was a small size, the polyp was just watched. If it grew and reached a specific size, removal of the GB was suggested. Recently however, I believe there is some suggestion that polyps in the GB should be treated as polyps elsewhere in some cases are now being viewed - as deleterious - and the GB should be removed.