Gastroenterology Community
Poop Problem

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Poop Problem

About a month ago I discovered white stringy things in my stool. I collected the stool and took it to a walk in clinic and they sent it to a lab where it was tested and all results were negative. Two weeks later I discovered the same white stringy things in my stool again. I collected it again and went to the E. R.. When the doctor there first saw it he said it looked "suspicous". He left the room and after an hour came back and said it was NOT worms and he had no idea what it was. Now today the stool has the same white stringy things all on it again- and I am loosing my mind here! I am so afraid I have worms- but with 2 negatives i am not sure what to think! Can anyone here help me out? I am a person with severe OCD and this is maing me nuts! Also, I am constipated all of the time and use stool softeners regulary. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it but thought I'd add it  here. Please help-should I go to a gastro doctor or what?? Thanks.
I'm 19, Male. I've had the same white stringy stuff in my stool for almost a month now! My stool mostly comes out watery now. I'm really getting worried because no one seems to have an answer for it anywhere. My family just thinks that I'm paranoid. I plan on going to the hospital next week anyway, but in the meantime I don't know what to eat, or if it's even safe to eat anything. I know I should probably stay away from meat for a while, but Is it safe to eat soup, or fruits & vegetables? I really need an answer please!
any luck on your results ella74?