Gastroenterology Community
Possible hernia under right rib cage??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible hernia under right rib cage??

I was leaning over stretching my hip with my back curled forward. While bent over, it felt like my ab muscle (?? I think it was my ab) got a charlie-horse type cramp (it didn't hurt but was noticeable). It was just under my right rib cage about an inch off the center. So I straightened up and saw my skin bulge out for about 2 second and then it went back in. It didn't hurt. Now, one day later, I have very slight tenderness in that area and the spot looks a little puffy. Do you think it may be a hernia or just a muscle strain? I am very healthy, thin and excerises regularly.

Thanks,