Gastroenterology Community
Post Gallbladder Removal- Suture rejection?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Gallbladder Removal- Suture rejection?

I had my gallbladder removed back in March for those of you who didn't see my posts back then and since then I have had very slow healing of my incisions. Well I was cleaning the one incision and out popped a large suture (this was about 5 weeks after surgery). I tried to pull it out and it would not come out. So I went back to the surgeon who was on vacation and saw someone else who cut it off and said that my body was rejected the sutures. It appeared it might be happening in some of the other incisions as well.

Fast forward a week and I found another suture coming out of another incision, smaller one this time but this time it fell right out. The last two incisions appear to be closing up completely. One of them I am unsure of but one I am positive is closed.

Has anyone experienced rejection to sutures after gallbladder surgery or any surgery for that matter? Is this something I need to inform future surgeons about? The first suture that came out was starting to cause an infection in the first incision and luckily we caught it in time. The incisions were not closing because the sutures were not dissolving, instead they were being pushed out.