Gastroenterology Community
Post Op Gallbladder removal

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Post Op Gallbladder removal

Well, I had my gallbladder removed on wednesday.  I feel like a truck has run over my stomach, which is normal from what I hear.  I'm bloated and feel like I am pregnant (which I am not).  I can handle this stuff and the pain to a point, but what I'm not handling is not being able to sleep.  The only way I don't have pain is if I sit straight up.  If I slouch or lay down at all, I'm immediately calling my husband to help me get up.  So far no luck sleeping while sitting up.  Has anyone found a way to sleep comfortably after this surgery or am I alone in this world??  I am taking my pain pills as prescribed too.  Any advice??
i had mine removed 3 weeks ago now and boy do i feel your pain. my sympathy is REALLy with you.  I FINALLY slept after a week, my doc gave me ambien to sleep but as i was addicted to the pain pills i was scared to get addicted to that as well and did not take it.  You can take phenergan (prescription) it is for nautia which i had like crazy lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks after surgery.  still losing but thats cuzz i am coming off pain pills. i onlt slept in a recliner as horid as it was.  what pain pills are u taking and how many? If you dont mind me asking.  If you dont want to do a prescription you can get sevent flower it is a herbal medicine non addictive and no side effects. help you sleep and lowers your stress level. i take 2 a night but dont take it around your pain pills. You are not ALONE.  message me or shoot me a message as i have been thru exactly what you are going thru.
I can relate to many people as i am a medical mystery LOL.. time to fix me on my own
des
I had my op in October last year and after all the pain I'd been through from September I was grateful for the relief.  The post op pain was far less painful! Lol!

I too had real problems sleeping for a few days and I managed to solve it by getting about 8 pillows and propping myself up in bed.  Within a week I was able to lie on my back and side, so don't worry, it doesn't last forever.

Hope all goes well for you. X