Gastroenterology Community
Post colonoscopy issues

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Post colonoscopy issues

I had colonoscopy and 3 polyps removed 2 days ago. I feel ok just a little achy in lower abdomen and a little dizzy. However today had first BM since the procedure. It was very 'urgent' to go so that was alarming and I hope it was a one-off. Could some of the laxative prep still be in my system? Will my system get back to normal? Anyone else have this after colonoscopy comments appreciated.
I wouldn't be concerned, often we can still have air trapped from the procedure and this can affect your bowel movements.  I doubt this will happen again, so try not to worry. It can take several days for our systems to get back to normal after a colonoscopy. You'll be fine.
I had a colonoscopy on the 7th of July and it is now the 9th.  is it normal to feel bloated and also had a polyp removed.  is it normal for my bottom to feel sore?