Post colonoscopy problems
2 days later my abdomin started to distend. Within 2 weeks I went from 34" waist to 42" and lost 12 lbs. Have severe pressure in belly and diaphragm. Hard to breathe. Had ultrasound, full blood labs, x-rays and EGD. Still no diagnosis! What's wrong with me? Could it be Dysbiosis? And what would be the remedy? It's like my life has been taken away. I have no energy and am in pain.

This discussion is related to Strange Symptoms following a screening Colonoscopy on 9/26/06.
Additional info:
There were no poyps or biopsies. Just two abnormal veins that were cauterized.
I had NO, NO gas, bloating or pain after procedure. I thought it had been a real walk in the park. Then 2 days later I started to bloat, pain etc.
I hope you feel better. I don't think it would be a perforation .I amhaving
effects after mine as well.Started with mucus now lower left pain and cramping
still after 6 months. I'll never have one again.
.
Update: The colon cleansing was too good (phosphosoda). It removed too much bacteria. So I was prescribed "Align" which is a probiotic. Each capsule has 1 Billion bacteria.!! The Doc gave me a 2 week sample supply. The pain is gone and the distention is starting to subside. This in the past 10 days. I really hope this helps someone else.
Ted, I'm glad you found what the problem was. Stay on the probiotics for several months, would you?
Yes, at least 6 months. It's about $30 for 28 days so it's not worth taking a chance that it'll come back. Generic would be even cheaper.
Yeah, but you run a risk with some of the probiotics. They may not be effective - the 'die-off' rate can be high, or the CFU (colony forming units) may not be high enough to do any good. Unfortunately people don't understand that an pay 'for nothing.' If you want 'generic' try Digestive Advantage-IBS or Culturelle, which I think is a bit less expensive than Align but darned good. I use PB8 which works and is also a bit less expensive than Align.
my mum had a colonoscopy  and a polyp found and removed on the same day.2 days later she was feeling nausea and a week later is still vomiting and feeling nausea . is this normal or could there be a problem