Gastroenterology Community
Pressure Under Left Rib

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pressure Under Left Rib

Hello, I'm 29 years old (Male), for the last year I've had a pressure under my left rib, to the left-hand side of my back.  I've had an ultrasound of my abs, bladder and pancreas. I've also had a colonoscopy, back a few months ago. All of tests came back clean. I've also had eco scans of my heart, and everything was fine.  This is seriously driving me crazy because It's a constant discomfort every day. I've also had issues with bowel movements, as I don't feel like a make complete movements every day.  The doctor initially ran the tests listed above when I told him about my bowel habits. Since the tests, I've felt no better, and my doctor has no answers.  
most doctors when they run tests like that and they come back neg they i will diagnose ibs but some dont depending on how much they know .is the pain there all the time or just after eating --does it keep u awake at night and is it releived by a bowel movement left sided pain is quite common in ibs and may be related to spasms in the flexure of the bowel.
if it is that anti-spasmatics can be of good help
It's there all of the time, and I do notice a slight brief relief when I have a bowel movement. It never keeps me awake. It's more of a pressure feeling than pain, although sometimes the pressure makes it sore.  People keep telling me to go back to the doctor, but they don't seem to have any answers at all for me.  
Isn't your spleen in that area. Is it possible that you have an enlarged spleen. I think this would be unusual but considering that they've looked at so many other things, it might not hurt to ask. I think your doctor might be able to feel whether or not it is enlarged just with a physical exam, no additional tests so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
What about lungs? A chest x-ray wouldn't be intrusive. Is it up too high to be your kidneys? A doctor would be able to press on your kidneys and tell if they were sensitive.

Or could it possibly be muscular? Is there something that you do repeatedly in the way you sit or carry heavy bags that could have created tension that won't ease up.

The simplest thing I can think of would be chronic dehydration. It can cause back pain and affect your ability to empty your bowels. And adding more water won't cost you anything or do harm.

Sorry no answers. Perhaps seeing a totally different type of doctor could prompt different questions. Are the bowel symptoms making them only look at gastrointestinal issues instead of other possibilities?
At this point, I'm open to anything. Like I said, I have this feeling all day long. One thing I do know is that I sit a lot at my job, and tend to lean to the left side. I was wondering if that would add to the slow bowl movement, since I don't move much during the day.