Gastroenterology Community
Pressure on left side of abdomen

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pressure on left side of abdomen

I have been experiencing pressure on the left side of my abdomen under my rib cage off and on now for a couple of months.  It's there more often than not but it changes in intensity, sometimes I barely notice.  There's no pain, just feels like a big bubble or something inside.  I asked my PCP about it and she said that it could be excessive stool and to try increasing my liquid and fiber intake.  I have regular bowel movements.  The only concern I have is that I know my spleen is located in that area.  I am otherwise healthy, decent blood pressure and I passed my physical last year with flying colors.  Any input on this would be appreciated!