Prevacid
I am 41 year old female and I was having problems with my digestive system.  Went to my reguar doctor who put me on prevacid (30 MG X a day) and I was feeling great.  I just got my colonoscopy done with and egd and the gastro doc took me off the prevacid before the procedure (1 week before) and i experienced diarrea while not on it and the gastro doc said normally you get that when you are on it (which I never did)  Can someone please explain this to me??
Hi Deb.  From what I've read, meds such as prevacid can upset your normal flora balance - taking away the good "bugs", causing some D.  Have you considered probiotics?  Those can help put the good ones back in, and maybe help to re-balance your gut flora.  Lotta good ones out there, may wanna ask your pharmacist or doc.  CalGal also knows alot about this - may wanna try messaging her if she doesnt see your post.  Feel better.