Gastroenterology Community
Prickly pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Prickly pain

I've had numerous problems over the past couple months, however the one that concerns me the most is what been going on all day today and yesterday as well, but on a much smaller scale. Its a sharp, prickly type pain  in my right side that also occurs near my belly button. I have also felt mild ache in the same general area on the left side as well. My stool is a little dark for my tastes, but to be fair i have been taking pepto more often than usual which I hear can cause that. It bothers me most when I have to walk and move around, and I work in a fairly busy pharmacy so its mostly all the time. Occasionally i feel a throbbing in that area as well, but theres no pain when that happens. I am being treated for depression, I have a prescription for Prozac that i haven't started yet.The only other medications i've been taking has been lorazepam for anxiety off and on, and Benadryl for contact dermatitis on my hands and upper body from wearing an improperly rinsed shirt. I tried talking to my mom about how worried I was, but she just told me that its probably a physical symptom of depression since I have been to the ER multiple times with various symptoms and healthy test results. I understand that she doesn't want me to rack up hospital bills ( which i've already begun to do) by constantly visiting the ER. However Im starting to think shes no longer taking me seriously. I have an appointment on the 28th to see my doctor, and I can't go any sooner because i'm fastly approaching broke and can't even lay out the deductible. I'd appreciate any kind of insight anyone has.
Also, I forgot to mention that my belly looks a little swollen. My mother told me it looks like i'm a few months pregnant and theres a little pooch there. It's gone away and come back again.
Its now morning, and after passing out late and waking up early the nasty prickling pain has subsided for the most part. But now there's a throbbing a few inches to the left of my belly button and i have NO idea what that has to do with anything but it is worrying.
Hi, I have had very similar symptoms. Trying to fix myself with a diet, no fats or sweets. Did you find out what it was?? Please help, I see that no one responded
Please post your question as its own post because this one is so old.