Gastroenterology Community
Problem with stools

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Problem with stools

I use the bathroom and sometimes it's soft, sometimes it's hard, but a lot of the time it's floating. Even the hard constipated type turds float. And other times it doesn't float. My stools are constantly changing. But one thing they all have in common is that when they are in the water they release bubbles and the bubbles pop at the surface creating like a little film, But the film eventually dissipates as I put paper in or pee, or whatever, so it must not be fat. What could be the problem? Some days are worse than others, some are loose.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  How long has this been going on for?  I would recommend seeing your doctor about this and getting some stool testing done.