Aa
A
A
Close
Problems urinating after colonoscopy
I hope anyone can help with my question. I am female, 31 and had a colonoscopy this morning at 08.30 under sedation/painkillers due to a strong family history of colon cancer. Everything went without complications and fortunately nothing was found so a biopsy wasn't necessary. I feel ok and was able to be picked up at 10.00 am. My only problem is now that I do not seem to be able to urinate since the colonoscopy. I do have a strong urge to urinate (I have not been to the toilet since 6 am this morning) and feel the urine filling up my bladder as my stomach is starting to hurt a bit but as much as I try I am not able to urinate. I never had any problems with it before. Do I need to be concerned about that? Is it just a matter of time until everything is going back to normal? I could not find any information about it on the internet and my consultant did not mention anything that I might experience problems like that. Is that normal?

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The best thing to do would be to call your doc and ask. You should not be having problems urinating.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources