Prolonged stomach issue after eating
I have had stomach issue for 10 days. On day 1 and day 4 I had very sharp pain on my stomach, upper central abdominal. I had bad pain, but not as bad as the other two days on day 8 as well. Almost after every meal, I have had some stomach discomfort, ranging from light to medium degree. I have been on Apo-Esomeprazole since Day 5. I did blood test on day 5 in a walk-in clinic, but haven't heard back. The discomport is better if I only have soup. What might be the cause and what should I do?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Have you had any changes in your bowel movements?  Is there a way you can get the results back from you blood work?
Thanks! I was told they would call me if there is anything abnormal. I had diareah the first day and had few days loose bowel movement but now it is ok now. I am assuming the blood work went ok, otherwise they could call, but I still have the upset stomach. What should I do?
Sorry patient, I know I keep repeating myself, lol.
This might be a overly common parasite. Ask your GP for a scotch tape test. The pains you get from that parasite is left of the belly button, and increases after food, especially if the food is starch or with lots of sugar, and over the day. It feels like pins and needles or a sharp, hot sword stabbing.
Other symptoms are: restless sleep, itchy bottom, bloating, D or constipation,
weight loss, nausea and or vomiting, pimples, increased hairloss, fat malabsorbtion (leading to Ds) and on the long run, anemia.
Good luck!
I would recommend calling them and see what tests they did and what the results were, just to make sure everything is okay there.