Gastroenterology Community
Question over the stomach's position

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Question over the stomach's position

Hi Im glad to have found this forum, thanks for all the service you provide.
it is rather difficult for me to explain my situation because I don't have an extensive knowledge of medical terms, I hope that someone can help me and give me some advice about my problem.

My problem deals with the shape of my stomach. Instead of having the standard shape of a stomach, my stomach has somehow formed a "U" shape. In my endoscopy i was told my stomach has the shape of a hook and it is not a normal position. This situation has caused me soreness and also forces me to eat every 2 hours otherwirse i face minor and major pains.

I'd like to know if there is any way possible that my stomach can once again be in its normal position instead of the "u" shape. My doctor advised me to have a good sleeping schedule, to eat often, and take walks, however I am not having better results.
I would like to hear your advice on my situation.

Thanks a lot in advance, I really appreciate it.
Did you ever find an answer about your stomach? I'm in the same boat and have no idea what to do.