Question to those who have had an endoscopy
Did you feel horrible the day after your procedure?  I had one yesterday and I feel AWFUL today.  I am weak, sluggish and keep feeling like I will pass out.  They gave me Demerol and Versed.  I only had mild reflux and he dilated my esphogaus due to narrowing.  My chest and throat are sore today as well.

I called the Dr. and he said it sometimes take awhile for these drugs to get out of your system but it's been over 24 hours.  I would think I would be feeling better by now.

He also started me on Protonix so I don't know if I am having a reaction from that or what.
I had endoscopy today. After my test, I managed to drive 45mins back to our house. I've been feeling the pain internally but not nausea.
As it turns out, I am allergic to the Protonix.  It is a delayed release drug so that's probably why I couldn't tell soon after taking it.  I broke out in hives on my chest and throat after I posted intially.  The Dr. said that is a good sign it was the medication so he switched me to prescription Zantac.

I actually feel better after a dose of Benadryl!
I would ask the doctor if you can get off of protonix see if you feel better....I had endoscopy done  and I  felt good but everyone is different.