Gastroenterology Community
Really bad pain in upper stomach?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Really bad pain in upper stomach?

This is now the third time I have gotten it, and this was the worst.

It starts as a feeling of discomfort in my upper stomach, and then my stomach starts to bloat; like it's full of air. A few minutes later, the pain feels like my whole upper stomach is going to explode. I'm not exaggerating, either. This time when it happened, my stomach went from 28" to 42" in a matter of a half hour. What is this?
This is gas buildup.  Take a medicine that releases gas, with an ordinary Alka Seltzer Original being the best and most immediate medicine you can drink down.  It should stop the discomfort and bloating.  Now, as to the reason for this, I do not know, could be so many things, from what you eat to how often you eat to a stomach-emptying abnormality, which a good gastro doc can get to the bottom of this for you.