Rectal Bleeding after running
I am 32 years old. I have been training for a 10K. Recently, during a run, I felt an urge to have a bowel movement. After finishing my run, I went to the bathroom, and it felt like I had diarreah. I realized it was blood and chunks of something that looked like tissue, rather than stool. This has happened 3 more times since. However, it ONLY happens right after I run. I feel the urge to have a BM at about the 2 mile mark. I have only been running 2-3 times a week anywhere from 2-5 miles. I also have a hemmeroid, but I have never experienced bleeding like this. My stomach hurts after the run, but I feel fine the next day. What could be causing this?

This discussion is related to Rectal bleeding after running.
It's worth seeing a gastroenterologist to determine if this is something of concern, and to put your mind at ease.  Any rectal bleeding should be investigated.  Take care...
Wow you just explained the exact same thing I have going on.  I am new to running also and am running about the same distance and frequency as you.  I am scheduled to see a GI specialist, as my GP did not think it was hemoriods.  However I can not get in to see the GI specialist for almost 7 weeks!  Did you ever find out what the cause of your bleeding was?
I am also having the same thing happen sometimes after running, did either of you find out what was going on?
Exact same thing happended to me ... I am 35 years old woman, healthy, runner. First episode of bloody diarrhea (estimated of 600ml loss of blood according to my blood test )after my first half marathon (in may) and then 2 more minor incidents (just small amount of blood) two more times afterward ... Always after hard run (not necessary long ...). Dr suspect ischemic colitis but I still don't know how to get back to serious training without this happening again : (

I've been running for only 2 years but I am very competitive. So bored when I am obliged to run slow ...