Gastroenterology Community
Rectal Pain at night
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rectal Pain at night

Every so often (undefineable), I get awoken with pain and pressure in my rectal area.  It starts out weak and then if left unmedicated with three advil, will get so intense that it feels like my insides are falling out from the pain and pressure.  I've had a hysterectomy so it can't be pressure from a uterus.  Please help me diagnose this situation.  It only happens at night.
Related Discussions
Your symptoms sound very like a problem I have had for many years. I was told that it is called Fugax Proctitis. It is a very painful problem and although I was told that it usually leaves one around the age of 50, I still have the pain mostly at night like you do. I am 72 years old. Sitting in a (tolerable)  bath of hot water has been recommended, and has helped me most times. Apparently it is from muscle spasms in that area.
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979