Gastroenterology Community
Rectal Prolapse; please help!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Rectal Prolapse; please help!

Please help. I've just been told i have rectal prolapse, it is only partial (i can push it out but goes in on its own). I have a few questions which my doctor didn't explain:

1. What exactly are the exercises which are meant to help?
2. Will it ever get better?
3. Will i ever be able to make love again?!

Its such a weird disorder, and i'm in my 20's... i really dont want this to ruin my life!

Hopefully someone can help?!
I had a rectal prolapse in 2006, It would do as you said come out when i pushed. I dont think i was told it was partial. I was 25 I'm now 27, mine required surgery to sow the colon to the tailbone and cut a foot and half of my larger intenstine and to remove my appendix. There was no explanation why I had this being so young other then the constant straining I have been on antidepression meds sense I was 18 which cause constipation and straining. They did my surgery and after i had back pain and given the weeks they told me I was able to make love eot my husband again.

It doest have to ruin your life, the thing is now i have colitis and a apartial again but i was also pregnant no pushing just a csection. I dont know of any exersize to help but after i was " fixed " i was told no exersize meaning no lifting havy  objects it puts strain on the colon. your body is diffretn from mine as all peoples bodies are different.

Did the doctor say surgery for you ? If so you need to do it and give yourself proper healing time and do as directed by doc and he might even give you some stool softers. It doesnt have to ruin your life. We actually can control by less straining after fixed up. I hope this helped in some way.. take care of yourself.. hang in there..