Gastroenterology Community
Rectal bleeding/Stomach sensitive to touch

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

To whom it may concern,
  MY name is Jessica.  I am a 29 year old Caucasian female.  I am very active and healthy.  I have noticed light rectal bleeding for about 2 years.  Not with bowl movements. For 2 days I have been consistently bleeding.  I will find a Dr on Monday.  I went to my OBGYN 6 months ago my pap came back abnormal.  She wants to check me in 1 year.  My stomach is also painful to the touch randomly.  Are all of these symptoms connected?

This discussion is related to lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding..

Type in rectal bleeding to google or yahoo and click on one of the postings that describes rectal bleeding.  The Medicinenet one is particularly informative.  You will then be better informed about all possible symptoms/causes etc when you see your doctor.  Unless the diagnosis is "certain" that the cause is minor (such as haemorrhoids, anal fissure etc) I suggest that you ask for a colonoscopy.

regards
Morecambe