Recurrent Diarrhea - please help
Hello everyone,

I have had diarrhea for about 4 months now (Mid March 2013 - mid July 2013). I have gone to see a specialist (gastroenterologist) concerning my problem but he can't seem to solve my problems.

I usually have loose watery stool once or twice a day, sometimes more depending on what I eat. I have had three to four stool sample cultures taken over the course of the last four months, testing for parasites and multiple possible abnormalities that could be present. All of the stool samples have come back negative, except for an imbalance in what the doctor said could be resolved with probiotics.

He requested I pick up a package of the probiotic called "Align." I did so, and took for a few weeks with very little improvement. With concern as to what I ate before this problem developed (red meat) the specialist prescribed me Biltricide (Praziquantel) 600mg one-dose to rid my body of any parasites should I have them.

Three to four days after I took the dose of Biltricide I had perfectly normal stool. The diarrhea gradually came back after that Now I am back to loose, watery stool.

The last time I visited him (the specialist) he said if the parasite medication didn't work, the only other option he would have to try and figure out what is wrong with me is a colonoscopy.

I really, really don't want to have a colonoscopy, but want this issue resolved since it has been four months; even though I have gotten used to the routine, I really want to have a normal digestive track again. So, please if you have any helpful input, I would love to hear it.

Thank you.
Have you tried a high fibre diet?  Imagine a liquid spillage on the kitchen floor on which you throw sawdust to make it easier to pick up...

So, on the same analogy:-

-Suggest pulverised fresh vegetables to which organic bran has been  added
-likewise pulverised fresh fruit + organic bran
- only wholemeal bread
- no white bread, junk food, colas etc
- home made muesli (soak organic oats + bran in milk and add nuts grated apple, lemon juice etc

good luck
regards
Morecambe