Gastroenterology Community
Recurring H Pylori

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Recurring H Pylori

I am 28 years old and have been diagnosed with H Pylori. I took 20 pills a day (Helidac)... was fine for about 2 weeks..  now I can't hold down any food again. I have dropped down to 103 lbs. Do I need another round of the antibiotics?

This discussion is related to Recurrent H. Pylori infections?.
First you need another test for H. pylori. It should be a breath urea test (BUT).
i know its been a few years but i am 28 now and going through the same thing.  I did great through my anitbiotics but now i seem to be going back to feeling bad again.  I am actually having an endoscopy tomorrow....did you have any further complications and how long did you carry the H.Pylori Infection...I suspect that I have had it for just over a year
I got it back in Feb 2010 and now have it again!! Just found out today!! They did a emptying scan on me last time and found out that my stomach does not empty like it should empty!! It's delayed!! They made me change my whole diet around too!! It helped alot by deleting out as much greasy and spicy food as you can!! my Started acting up again after I ate pizza for the first time and I couldn't shake it !! The doc said that I prob. had it since I was a kid and got it from playing outside in the dirt and then putting my hands in my mouth  or swimming in a lake a a child( i.e dirty water)!! He said once you have H.Pylori you will always test positive for it!! All you can do is change your diet to try to keep it from activating itself over and over again.I always take an anti acid pill b4 every meal. But I had slacked off b/c I felt better!! Big mistake!! The doc said I have to take the anti acid med everyday for ever! So that I don't further damage the lining of my stomach and esophagus making me at an even higher risk of ulcers or even worse cancer !! Hope this help some!!!