Gastroenterology Community
Red Flakes/Pieces in Stool
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Flakes/Pieces in Stool

History: I Went through about 3 years of steady upset stomachs (lots of diarrhea) until I finally discovered I have a dairy intolerance. Not just lactose but dairy in general. I drink alternatives now and watch my intake and I no longer have problems in that department.

Because of this, I've developed hemmorhoids on two occasions. They were internal, did not bleed or hurt, and both times retreated with the use of sopository medicine (or so I think based on limited self-examination).

I have anxiety problem and quite easily get myself worked up when I think I may have a medical condition of some sort, to date I haven't had anything serious though.

Problem: Lately, I've noticed I'm losing a bit of weight. My wife noticed it as well. I can't tell if it's long term or if this has just happened recently but compared to two months ago, definitely thinner in the legs and buttox area. In addition, I've been noticing red things in my stool. They don't seem to be flood themselves as they don't dissolve in water. The best way I can describe it would be to say "it looks like I ate small, cut up, carrot shavings or carrot slivers the night before and they weren't absorbed." They are more on the pinkish side rather then red. They seem to be quite frequent in my stool, appearing in random places usually more towards the surface of the stool from what I can tell.

I have no pain while having a BM, nor do I have excessive gas or cramping. I get anxious quite easily but other than that, no real cause that I can see.

I've been thinking of getting a stool sample analyzed to see what it is, my primary question is, will they be able to tell exactly what this pinkish substance is via a sample? Has anyone experienced this before or is anyone familiar with what it could be?

Thank you very much,

Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...