Gastroenterology Community
Redness found in top of stomach after endoscopy & colonospy

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I've had 2 colonoscopys and 1 endoscopy in the last 9 years.  Each time I was told by a Specialist that redness was found at the top of my stomach.  I have not been really bothered by this but just lately (last few days) I get pain in the top area of my stomach.  What is this from?  And how can it be treated?
The area should have been biopsied. You'll need to read the reports from the endoscopy and the biopsy to find out what the pathology report suggested the cause to be. It could be gastritis due to acid reflux, but that would only be speculation.

If it is due to acid reflux, your doc may start you on a course of acid reduction meds and suggest that you follow a GERD diet.