Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Referred pain - Upper abdomen to left shoulder
Hi, I'll just get into it. I'm a 21 year old male who has had no real medical issues my entire life. The only reason I'm posting this instead of going to a doctor is because it's Saturday and I can't afford the ER, so I wanted to see if there is a way to gauge the severity of the situation.

Once in 5th grade--I'll leave it at that since I don't want to do the math in my head to figure out what age I actually was--I had gotten mono. While I unknowingly had it, I feel and injured my spleen as you can imagine. When I did, I had referred pains in my abdomen to my shoulder. I recovered without the need of surgery and all was forgotten, until now.

Over the past, I don't know, few months at least, I've started experience a referred pain in my upper abdomen to my shoulder--similar to the experience with my spleen problem--but, only after eating. I think it's only exacerbated if I don't eating something particularly well or too quickly like greasy fast food. Now I've shrugged it off for awhile, and it hasn't gotten worse in my abdomen per say, but I noticed the pain in my shoulder on Friday... and I'm sure if that's happened before. It also quickly relieves, it's only there for 5-10 seconds at some point after eating.

I also want to note that I've had sorta an eczema problem on my arms since October that I never bothered to get checked out.

Annnnnd, I also got a Tympanoplasty about a week ago so I've been on antibiotics, painkillers and steroids. I stopped the steroids on Monday because it was giving me panic attacks and chest pains. And I've stopped the Hydrocodone about a few days ago, they didn't really make me feel great either.

So, that's pretty much all the symptoms now that I have it out on the table. I plan on seeing a doctor either way, but it'll take some time to get it scheduled. Also have to get an annual physical which I've never gotten before. I didn't have medically insured parents you see so I haven't visited a lot of doctors in my life.

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks :)
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Forgot to mention. When I injured my spleen, I was hospitalized for a week and was monitored by doctors. After of which I was bedridden for months. Just to make it clear special care was taken in those days.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn