Relation between gallstones & uric acid levels/future gallbladder operation side effects.
Hi, I was wondering if there isn't a direct relationship between the occurence of galbladder stones, producing insufficient bile, which I would believe could be the cause of higher uric acid levels, resulting in gout attacks. I also wanted to know if there are any future side effects because of the removal of the galbladder, thx.
I'm not qualified to answer any of your questions but I recently learned through the Sphincterofoddi_pancreatitis Yahoo! group! that every year there are there are 50,000 new cases of Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome.  Please see the following article by Steen W Jensen, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/192761-overview.  

Future side effects of gallbladder removal can include Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome as well as an increased risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, and chronic pancreatitis.  

If the gallbladder does not have stones, there is a failure rate of 40%; the symptoms that prompted the surgery will NOT be relieved.

Many thanks to Michele and Bev of the Sphincterofoddi_pancreatitis Yahoo! group!

All the best,

Sam