Aa
A
A
Close
Relation between gallstones & uric acid levels/future gallbladder operation side effects.
Hi, I was wondering if there isn't a direct relationship between the occurence of galbladder stones, producing insufficient bile, which I would believe could be the cause of higher uric acid levels, resulting in gout attacks. I also wanted to know if there are any future side effects because of the removal of the galbladder, thx.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
469934 tn?1333138882
I'm not qualified to answer any of your questions but I recently learned through the Sphincterofoddi_pancreatitis Yahoo! group! that every year there are there are 50,000 new cases of Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome.  Please see the following article by Steen W Jensen, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/192761-overview.  

Future side effects of gallbladder removal can include Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome as well as an increased risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, and chronic pancreatitis.  

If the gallbladder does not have stones, there is a failure rate of 40%; the symptoms that prompted the surgery will NOT be relieved.

Many thanks to Michele and Bev of the Sphincterofoddi_pancreatitis Yahoo! group!

All the best,

Sam
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources