Remedy for Peristalsis
What is the remedy for  peristalsis?
Peristalsis is the word used to describe the motion of intestine as it moves food through the system. Not sure what you are asking. You would not live without peristalsis.
Hello there I am a young male 33 years of age - I have had chronic constipation from a young age - It use to vary any where from 4 to 7 days without a bowel movement. A year and a half ago I started taking laxatives. In particular Dulcolax tablets. I started on 2 tablets every 4-5 days, and then dropped it down to 1 every 3-4 days. And this became a regular schedule for me for the last year and a half. I made the decision to get off the laxatives last month, as I read that they can cause other more serious problems if taken long term (heart problems / palpitations etc, and yes they can). Now that I am off the stimulant laxatives I have no movement at all when sitting on the toilet and I have to push very very hard just to get things moving - The thing is the stool doesn't come out hard, and it doesn't hurt even if it is just a small thin stool, but It is very hard for me to actually start the process of moving the stool in the 1st place, and I am straining a hell of a lot whilst pushing. I think this is due to the over abusing of the laxatives and now my colon is lazy with hardly any peristalsis motility. I had a colonoscopy 2 days ago, and they said everything was fine... I drink lots of water almost 2litres per day, and are fairly fit for my age and height. I would love any information guidance help on the matter: Is there anything I can take (natural) to get my intestinal muscles working again? I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my problem.
I have the exact same problem and am tired of taking laxatives and feeling bloated all the time.
I wish some doctor would post a solution.
I need help!