Gastroenterology Community
Restricted Bowel

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Restricted Bowel

I am having problems with bowel movement. My main issue now (there have been others in the past that I will explain) is that my bowel feels restricted. Sometimes it seems that the stool is being blocked - I can feel there is something that wants to come out but it just seems to be blocked. At the moment, when I do eventually go, the stool is thin. Sometimes I pass small amounts of yellowish mucus, which is usually preceded by a huge erruption of what was previously trapped gas.
About 3 years ago I had tests for food intolerances because I was getting severe bloating and abdominal pain. After cutting out certain foods things settled down for a while. However over the past year, despite more tests, and avoiding certain foods, I have continued to have problems.
For some months my stools were like small hard pebbles and I had trouble going, even with a laxative. More recently, due to another change in diet - avoiding wheat and dairy - the consistency has improved but the 'blockage' problem persists.
I have considered colonic hydrotherapy as the next step before finally going to see my doctor.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
same here ... i am drinking hot water , hot milk , plums, apples from the last two days ..even i feel somthing is restricting the passage .. iby mistake swallowed a chewing gum 2 days back hope it shouldnt be a problem ....
I dont wanna visit a doctor .

could you suggest
If your tests included a colonoscopy and all was fine, then it sounds like you need a stool softener and/or probiotics. I had the same problem as you and was prepared to see a GI as nothing was helping me, no stool softeners, enemas, or suppositories.  My daughter suggested the Activia Yogurt which is guaranteed to help or your money back. I was skeptical but decided to at least try it, and it helped immensely!  It can take up to two weeks to see results, but you will see results.  I was able to start eating the yogurt every other day with the same results.  I've not had a single problem since, and I was very scared before this. We need the healthy bacteria that is normally found in our digestive tract, and when this becomes weak, it can cause these kinds of issues.  I was prepared for the worse, and now I'm just fine.  Try this, I think you'll be amazed.
Gum normally passes on thru, but if this continues you need to see a GI doctor for evaluation. You can try a laxative to get things moving and then see how you are afterwards.  Activia could help you as well, but if it doesn't you need to see the doctor.
Take care.