Retal bleeding and back pain
At the end of last week my lower back started hurting. The pain is above the tail bone and go's around to my hips.
I figured I just pulled something, but then yesterday I had a bloody bowel movement.  I hadn't gone to the bathroom in a day or two so I felt constipated and I was straining to get it out. When it did come out there was blood in the toilet with what looked like clots. I kept checking and there was blood on the toilet paper the rest of the day.  Today I checked again and the blood was still there.  I had another bowl movement, it hurt, there was a little blood, but nothing like yesterday.  I do have hemmorhoids and I think thats why I bleed, although that has never happened before. But, my back is whats really bothering me.  Is it a coinsidence that Im having both problems at the same time or could the two be related? If it helps I am a 32 year old female and I have had two children.

This discussion is related to Pain in lower back, tailbone, and rectum.
Hi - rectal bleeding is never normal and should always be investigated.  I suggest that you ask for a colonoscopy in order to set your mind at rest (hopefully) by eliminating suspicions of the more serious diseases that can accompany rectal bleeding.

Good luck
Morecambe
Hi,  I was wondering if you ever went to the doctor and figured out what it was that was causing your back pain and rectal bleeding.  Reason why I ask is that I too have hemmorhoids and have had blood in my stool before but never looked into it.  My back has been hurting for the past couple of days and I have had diarrhea.  Today I had a lot of blood in my stool - blood clots and the toilet paper was bright red.  I know I have to go to the doctor now because it is something that has happened before to me.  Please let me know if you found out anything.  Thanks.
My grandmother is currently in the hospital for the same thing, back pain and blood in stool.  She has been asked about her Ovaries, they are doing a CAT Scan today. So not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but something that you might want to mention.
Its February and I was wondering if you had that checked out yet?  I, too, am in my 30's and have experienced rectal blood on my toilet paper.  I am really spooked.  I have three children and I just lost my husband last year.  I want to know what are the possibilities of this.  God I hope that it's not serious.  Well I'm going to have it check sometime this week, I hope this doesn't have to go any further than me.