Gastroenterology Community
Reversible Colostomy

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Reversible Colostomy

Okay I've kind of been trying to avoid this topic! But I need to face the possibilty so that I am prepared if it does happen. Due to the location of the tumor in my colon, the surgeon may need to give me a reversible colostomy. Has anyone had one and if so what does it entail? Cleaning and what not. Also is the second surgery as bad as the original? Thanks again everyone.
have never had any of this but want you to know your in my prayers. praying for your stress level to be low and that you will get your answers and feel good about them GOD Bless you .
Thanks hun, that means a lot! I am sure everything will work out fine, but it is a possibilty and I prefer to be prepared for worse case. Good luck on your colonoscopy and hope you find your answers soon.
thanks , i know mine is nothing compare to yours and i see why your a little concern over it but you have done good with all your tummy surgries that i know you will be good with this one to, i will keep up with you and pray for you ,  i will up-date tomorrow after its done praying for no ployps or anything  bad, just want to get it done and over .