Rib Pain after Appendectomy
I had a laproscopic appendectomy done on 11/26/07.  There was some pain after that in my upper left ribs and upper left back.  Sometimes it's so severe that I cannot breathe deeply.  That seemed to subside but comes back intermittantly.  Any suggestions to what that may be because sometimes it can be just a mild irritant and sometimes feel so bad that I have a hard time breathing deeply.
I had a laparoscopic appendectomy 8 days ago. I was in hospital for 6 of those days.

I too am suffering from some rib pain but on my right side. It is more tender to touch and hurts when I breath deeply, yawn, burp, etc.

I am thinking it might be a colon cramp as the colon is quite large and wraps around your abdomen. Thus, I assumed it might be getting used to eating again and moving the food through.

I also went to the doctor and had my chest x-rayed to ensure that it was not trapped CO2 from the surgery. However, the doctor assured me this gas is absorbed within days and the pain goes away. The x-ray was all good so gave a urine sample to be on the safe side - still awaiting results.

What are your thoughts?
I really hope you find your answer because I am having the exact same problem. I had a  laproscopic appendectomy about a year ago and till this day i have that same pain in my upper left abdomen on the rib. I have to even re-situate the way i sit because it bothers me so much. I hope you find your answer! you are not alone!
Have either of you had a CT done to rule out a P.E? Pulmonary Embolism. The signs of that are usually pain on inhalation and the lungs are located behind the ribs.
I had an emergency laproscopic appendectomy on Friday and left the hospital on Saturday. Today (5 days later) is the first day I feel normal without extreme pain. I still do have a ball feeling in my upper stomach, not nerves. It is painful and I am having diahrea dailly. Only once a day though, I am trying to eat bland non greasy foods for now.This is all new for me, the biggest thing I am concerned about is the weight loss due to diahrea and the pain in my upper stomach. Any ideas?
I have recently had a laproscopic appendectomy, to my shock, I suffered my first very painful bout of right hand chest and normal breathing pain in hospital 8 hours post op. The ward sister administered Morphine as the pain made me hyperventilate, this was quite a panicky and worrying time. When I was moved to another ward, the ward sister then told me of the proceedure whilst in surgey. The surgeon pump air into the cavity to enable easier access to the operation site, the air is not released an I was told this air disperses naturally over the next few weeks, I still have this pain in the right hand side under the ribs making it uncomfortable to sit an lie down. Since I have come out I have seen my GP who assures me this Is the case an the pain Will subside eventually, I will not hold my breath after reading these posts.