Gastroenterology Community
Right rib sticks out

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Right rib sticks out

Hi all, im a male/19 and I've noticed for quite some time now that there is a hard lump that appears to be on my top two right ribs. I am assuming it IS my right ribs, and they are just sticking out, as I do not know what else it could be. Is this normal? It is very noticeable and it doesn't look normal. I tried to find information about it online, but all I saw were cases where the left ribs stick out. Never the right. It isn't usually painfully, however after I walk or run for a little bit I do start to experience a sharp pain in that same area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just to be on the safe side, go see a regular doc or orthopedic about your ribs.  I'm sorry I don't know what ribs are diff than other ribs, but I DO know that even at your age, to have a growth on the bones is not out of the realm of possibilities.