Gastroenterology Community
Right side liver area pain.Yellow stools,Stomach pain, fatigued,weak.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am very desperate. I'm feeling worse everyday. All I can do is wait and wait until I can finally get in to my GI and my PCP who both seem to want to write everything off as anxiety which I made the mistake of telling them. I have been diagnosed with a 10mm cyst and diverticulosis but am being told these issues do not cause any pain. Anyhow I am suffering from pain. It seems my right and left sides keep hurting and hurting.It is either a dull ache or a stabbing pain.Then at times i'm getting burts of numbness on these areas. I am even waking up with the pain. Then on top of it I am extremely weak and fatigued. I am also starting to pass bright yellow stools. I'm only 26 and I'm thinking this is not normal...that I should be healthy and full of energy with no pain. I find this hard to believe it's just from having some anxiety. I feel completely hopeless and thrown out to the curb to die. I do have to give the Dr. credit for running the tests he has though which I am grateful for. I'm just lost, hopeless and scared. So far I have an appointment with a GI to get my stomach and colon checked out. I really want him to do a liver biopsy but my PCP is telling me not to but still thinking I might try and do it. I also have an ultrasound waiting to be done. I feel so weird, so strange and awful I am worried I could die at any moment. Does anyone have any ideas of what this sounds like it might be to you? What can I do to make progress and get to the bottom of this to find a solution and battle my dr. and his "it's probably anxiety or psychological" outlook? Any tests that I should get to rule anything serious in mind out? Thank you deeply in advance.
Also don't know if this helps or has anything to do with it but have been also noticing some muscle spasms and stomach pain. Feeling super full as if I ate a gigantic meal when I didn't...maybe even a little nauseous. =/
I think you need to get more testing, like you have planned, to figure out what is going on.  In the meantime it is just a waiting game and you need to try and stay as relaxed as possible.
Yes, agreed. What kind of testing would you probably recommend? What do you think would be the best way to rule out liver cancer? Thank you for the advice. Trying to do just that; to stay positive and relaxed. Thank you very much for this reply. Have a great week!
The things you already have scheduled: "stomach and colon checked out" which I assume means an endoscopy and colonoscopy, and an ultrasound.  That, plus the tests you have already have will rule out liver cancer, although it doesn't sound like liver cancer at all anyways.
Hey there patient915, ok sorry on the delayed reply. Haven't been on in a while.Thank you so much for these most calming reassuring answers. Yes, you are right an endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled.Ok, just had the ultrasound and followup bloodwork done. Guess what?! The bloodwork was normal and the cyst actually disappeared! There is still some pain on the right side , left side and center of my stomach but am happy to hear the cyst is gone. All that they saw was a bunch of liver fat or the fatty liver enzymes. Thank you very much for your awesome reassurance. I hope you have an awesome 4th of July.
That's great the cyst is no longer there.  Have you had your liver enzymes checked?
If your doctors don't do any thing about it then go to local ER. My mom had diverticulosis which ended up with bacterial infection (diverticulitus). She went to the ER and they did a abdominal ctscan. As for the cyst I had a ovarian cyst that they removed that if they are over 6.0mm they have to operate. When my gallbladder was acting up I had HIDA scan, ctscan, and ultrasound to show that I had gallstones and a hole in my gallbladder. I had to have emergency surgery and went to ER, and they admitted me.
Hello there my most helpful medhelp friend :) It is great. I was very shocked. I was of coarse expecting the worst...especially since they called back right away.To answer your question yes. They did that AFP test for the liver and did a blood cell count test and everything came back normal. I'm happy but of coarse with the pain i'm getting i'm still wondering if anyone has any ideas of what else this could be? It's just reoccurring pain localized in the right lower rib cage area, stomach pain, nausea, and pain on the exact opposite side on the left lower ribcage. Certain herbal remedies and tea seem to help the pain which is awesome...but only a temporary relief. The Dr. seems to want to blame it on anxiety but I am getting pain in my sleep and waking up with it. =/ Very grateful he is still running some tests though. Very awesome to have the bloodwork and ultrasound come back with good news. Do you know what the fatty liver stuff could be due to or causing it? Thank you so much for all of your help. You are awesome and I hope you are doing well and that you have a great 4th of July with your loved ones.Take care!
Hello snoopy, I am very sorry to hear about your mom and hope she got the help she needed to get rid of the infection. Nasty stuff from what i've heard it  can turn into septicemia if left untreated. I'm glad you got the ovarian cyst taken care of. That is awful about your gallbladder problems. I'm glad they found it all though. That sounds very unpleasant. Now you mention Gallbladder, another medhelp friend has said that gallbladder problems could be hereditary  that this could very well be why I'm getting this pain in my right and left sides and stomach pain? Is this a possibility and this happen to you? It sure seems like you would be one to ask since you've been there and done that. That is a good idea snoopy, thank you. I have often resorted to that in the past too. It unfortunately seems the best bet is the Dr. though because there have been a couple of times where they sent me home and said "we don't know what is wrong or why you are in pain". The doc is wanting to say it is psychological and that i'm making myself hurt somehow by thinking about it (psychosomatic) since i've made the mistake of telling him I suffer from anxiety, clinical depression and paranoia. He is still running some tests though which I'm extremely grateful for though. Sheesh, starting to feel like i'm in one of those mystery diagnoses shows. Yes, like your mom I have diverticulosis too but who knows maybe there is an underlying infection? I sure as heck am feeling nauseous and that pain in my liver area is unsettling. Just glad bloodwork came back normal and they did an abdominal ultrasound the other morning.They said my cyst actually disappeared which i am happy to hear rather then hearing "well, it seems to be growing" Thinking it might be a good idea to get checked for hepatitis? There are unfortunately a large amount of people who are sadly infected who live out here in New Mexico. Heroin is a very big problem here, it is sad but it is unsettling to be around so many possibly infected.I really wish they would crack down on it to prevent the death's from overdoses and hepatitis. Thank you for your help snoopy. Hope you have a super awesome 4th of July. Happy holidays in advance.
Do you know if the radiologist that read that the cyst was now gone, compared it to your previous scan?  I don't know much about fatty liver.  You might want to try posting on the liver disorders community.
How are you doing now? I know this is late but i was looking on net because im suffering same symptoms. They told me severe dehydration and kidney pain. Did the pain subside, or what did drs diagnose?