Gastroenterology Community
Rotten egg burps vomiting and the trots

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Rotten egg burps vomiting and the trots

This used to happen to me all the time until I realized it was an allergic reaction to soy.

This discussion is related to Sulfur / Rotten Egg Burps, followed by throwing up.
My wife has the egg burps, followed by a weekend of diarrhea and vomiting.  We have been through the specialists, and were frustrated when they couldn't find anything wrong.  Interestingly, it went away for 6 months and then came back.  She never had any of this prior to being pregnant.  After doing some research we pinpointed what it is caused by - CALCIUM PROPIONATE.  Anything with Calcium Propionate will give her a harsh reaction.  Some of the foods with this are mass-produced breads/bakery.  To combat this we either make the bread or purchase it from an Organic store.  Other than it being healthier for you, it is a ton better tasting to.  For everybody struggling with these symptoms, try eliminating Calcium Propionate and see what happens.
I see a lot of people have the following symptoms.
-egg smell
-diarrhoea
-vomiting
-nausea

For about two years I went through the same problem, in my case it was a 24hr  attack more than a sickness. My GP sent me to specialist after specialist searching for something, but they all came up with nothing.
In the end it turned out to be simple abdominal migraines!
They gave me a triptane to try when the aura came up, in my case this was the egg/sulphur smell or flavour that I had. And within 20-30 mins it was solved.
Abdominal migraines are more common in children. Check google for more info, or feel free to mail me.
Hope this helps some of you.
I also am burping eggs and farting omlets, along with the trots and vomit. I need help ya'll!
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers