Ruptured Appendix 6 Mon Post-appendectomy
Hi.  I'm a 21 y/o female, & I had a ruptured appendix in November.  I had a laparoscopic appendectomy on Nov. 16.  I spent a week in the hospital because I was so sick & was diagnosed with peritonitis.  Since my appendectomy, I have been nauseous after I eat.  I have had intermittent upper & lower abdomen pain, but most recently, it's been upper.  I last saw my surgeon in January who said if I didn't feel better, they could do a CT scan.  I saw my PCP a week ago, & my CT & ultrasound were fine, but an ovarian cyst was discovered.  I have had intermittent diarrhea, & recently, my stool color has been yellow & bright green.  I have not been running a fever by medical standards (my normal temp is 97.1, & as of late, it has been 98.1.  I know it's not a fever, but it is high for me.)  My stomach is still very tender, & I still cannot breathe deeply without having pain on my right side around my ribs & in my shoulder.  Has anyone still had symptoms 6 months after an appendectomy?  I'm trying to figure out if this is all the result of an ovarian cyst that has been there since my appendectomy or if maybe there is something else going on.  Thank you for your help in advance.
Hi, bit of background first, I had an appendectomy via a large incision about 18 months ago, I was still getting significant pain three months later.  Had a CT scan which revealed the appendix was still present and I now had a hernia near the abdominal wound.  Had another two further operations to remove the appendix and to repair the hernia.  In the meantime, I presented with upper abdominal pain, like yours, under my ribcage and in my right shoulder.  Had an ultrasound which revealed a large gallstone.  Had a further operation to remove my gallbladder last October.  Have you had your gallbladder checked?

By the way, I am still not pain free, I still have pain in my abdomen, which my GP suggests is due to fibromyalgia, as they can't seem to find a physical reason for it.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks for commenting.  They left your appendix in?!  That's not good... :/  I did have an abdominal ultrasound which did not reveal any gallstones, but I am hoping to get a HIDA scan to see if my gallbladder is functioning correctly.  Coincidentally, I was originally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but my second rheumatologist thinks it is another automimmune condition that she has yet to diagnose.  

My pain is not the same kind of pain I had prior or even right after my appendectomy.  It is different.  The nausea after eating has been consistent.  My GP doesn't want to do anything because he thinks this is all related to the cyst, but my gut, figuratively & literally, tells me otherwise.  I am hoping that I do not end up with pain for years as a result of an appendectomy.  I just can't figure out what's going on.  Thanks for commenting, though.  I hope your pain eases over time!
I wanted to update in case someone has had the same symptoms of me.  My abdominal pain & weird stools were the result of a defective gallbladder (ejection fraction of 26%).  After having that removed, my stomach pain has gone away, & my stools are getting back to normal.  I am still having pain upon taking a deep breath, so that's still a work in progress.  All in all, my stomach is better, though.