Gastroenterology Community
Ruptured Appendix Surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Ruptured Appendix Surgery

Hi..I just recently had my appendix removed, it ruptured and I had an appendectomy..It's been a few days since I've been out of the hospital and I've been burping constantly and recently everytime I burp I have this sharp pain in the left part of my back..It hurts everytime I breathe in really fast too..Also, my bowel movements have been a little funny..not very much comes out and when it does it comes out really soft and with a weird odor (maybe from antibiotics) My doctor said it could be from antibiotics..Any info on why I have these pains in my back when breathing, burping, etc. ?
My husband recently when thru apendoctomy and has been running fever and now he has ilius  could this had been medical negligence because the nurses were not listening when my husband was in pain. How would I know if the Doctor does not want to lets us know what really happened if it rupturred or not. Now mny husband had to be tubed thru his nose to his stomach because he can not digest anything but also all that they are taking out of his stomach thru the tube is black and green. Is that normal?
Summer, consider trying some antibiotics to try to get your system back to normal. When people take antibiotics it skews the normal/beneficial bacteria in your GI system and that can cause changes in bowel function. There are a number of good brands on the market that include PB8, Digestive Advantage-IBS (not only for IBS), OTC brand of VSL#3, FloraQ and others.
My husband just had a diagnosis of a ruptured appendix on Thursday. The surgeon here says he won't need surgery because there is little to no appendix left. The doctor also says that there may or may not be an abscess so my husband has another CT scan today. That was hours ago and my husbands condition is getting worse. I have told the nurse this twice now and the only comments I get is that she is new to my husband and she does not know where the doctor is. I am very worried and am thinking I should have him moved to another hospital.

Can someone help us?
I just answered your other post.  Yes, you need to have your husband moved immediately to another hospital.  Do not delay - this is NOT normal to not have surgery for a ruptured appendix and it could also be a matter of life and death - a ruptured appendix can cause a life threatening infection - peritonitis.

Best of luck - keep us informed.  I would suggest any further information you post you do it on your other post, as this one is an older post, so it may not get much attention like you should get with your newer post.

Good luck!