Ruptured Belly Button
I had my Gallbladder removed last Sept.11th, about 3 or 4 mos. ago I noticed my Belly Button sticking out. I ask my Family Dr. what was wrong, he said it was Ruptured. Is it true that if this isn't taken care of that it can wrap around your intestines&cause all sorts of problems?  What causes it to Rupture? Thanks, Peggy Blankenship
Could your doc have meant a belly button hernia? That's an unfortunate consequence of some forms of lap surgery. If it gets worse, you may have to have it taken care of.
Well you are maybe right, but I swear he said Ruptured& it was done Laproscopic. He ask me that day when I wanted it taken care of& at the time my Mother had just been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer so I told him after she was taken care of first. She is doing fine, her Tumor the size of a "Football" attached to her left Ovary was all self contained, it wasn't attached to the intestines or Bladder. The Dr. was able to make a clean cut& no Chemo or Radition was needed. So she is on the mend, some sore still but doing very good. So I'm thinking about making an appointment& seein' a Dr. Lane not the one I went to before, he has ruined so many people, not saying that this is why its ruptured, but when a General Surgeon goes & does Breast Cancer removable& has a patient almost die, had she not gotten to another hospital then thats a little much. I wanted this Dr. Lane in the beginning, but my Family Dr. said he was their best Surgeon, well I guess hes the only one they have. Dr. Lane comes from Maryville&I've heard really good things about him, where all I've heard on the Dr. I had was bad things& people tell you not to have him, get someone else. But the Belly Button is starting to ache& bother me when I bend over, theres something wrong I know because its never been like this before. Thanks for getting back with me! Peg805