Aa
A
A
Close
SOD diagnosis
Hi everyone. I had a Hida Scan yesterday, and was diagnosed with Sphincter of Oddi. They haven't said what is causing the blockage in the bile duct. I am waiting for the doctor to call back. My question is, can my GI Doctor perform the procedure that needs to be done to take care of this. I have been sick since March and have had all the test, and have lost 13 pounds. I am in constant pain everyday. Does this need to be done right away, as they are backlogged here and I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for any info you can give me. By the way, I have been underweight all my life and this loss of weight has caused me to be so tired. I can't get out of my own way.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Please consider finding a doc that specializes in SOD. Most GI docs don't and you won't get the best of care for this condition, which can be difficult to treat. There's a group on yahoo (SOD group) that knows the best docs and the overall treatment protocols that should be used. Check with them.

Actually, a HIDA scan can't diagnose SOD. The only test that can be used to come up with a real diagnosis is an ERCP with manometry. So it makes me worry a bit to hear someone say they were 'diagnosed' via a HIDA scan.................
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/sphincter-oddi-dysfunction.html

read this from iVillage
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for your input. I meet with the doctor on the 27th and he is going over all the test results with me. I think the nurse spoke out of turn. Things are draining too slowly from the ducts, which I would guess means they are not plugged. My guess is that my body is to slow processing things and I am backing up? I will update as soon as I see the GI Doctor on the 27th. Thanks again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn