Gastroenterology Community
SOD???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SOD???

I had my gallbladder out two years ago. A couple of months ago I was in ER with back spasm and they gave me Morphine via IV line. Within half an hour I was absolute agony with upper right abdominal pain that radiated up to my right shoulder and down my arm (it even went numb). Since that attack I have been plagued with continuous upper abdomal discomfort, gurgling, wind and pain on both right and left side immediately under the breast. I even have shap chest pain. I wonder if I suffer from SOD and if so does anyone else have these symptoms. They often resemble symptoms of hiatus hernia, indigestion and heartburn.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
8257579_tn?1406112093
Hi,

I had my gallbladder out this year. I have the left and right upper abdominal pains that you are describing. No one has been able to help me either. I do not know what SOD is. I have been thinking its a hiatus hernia. Dont know what can help, but at least you know your not alone in this. Sorry too, cause I know how severely it hurts.
Blank
Holycow, what you're describing sounds very much like SOD. Certain narcotics can cause a spasm of the common bile duct or sphincter of Oddi. Please check with your GI person for the possible use of specific muscles 'relaxation' meds to see if that will give you some relief.
Blank
8257579_tn?1406112093
Thank you, I will. Are you feeling any better yet??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...