Gastroenterology Community
Scar tissue obstruction at colon resection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scar tissue obstruction at colon resection

I had a colon resection in July 2011. They removed from the transverse through the sigmoid.  I now am experiencing obstruction of the colon due to build up of scar tissue where they reconnected the colon to the rectum. They have dilated the colon 6 times over the last 8 weeks and I am now at a size 20 balloon. Each week I have closed by half of what was opened the week before. How many times can the colon be dilated before the surgeon should be called back in?  Are there any other options available other than Surgery or dilation?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend you get a second opinion from another gastroenterologist about this to determine what to do.
Blank
3946797_tn?1348724476
How do I get colon removed!!!  It just does not want to function.  I had "lazy colon" ten years ago but after years of taking kristalose 40 mg & drinking mag-cite, my digestive system has shut down.  i drank an entire bottle of Golyte that is used to clean out colon.  Nothing happend.  Constipation is so painful & makes me miserable.  I'm not under the care of a gastroenterologist right now.  Trying to get a referral but I'm on Medicaid so it might be hard.  I am DESPERATE!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...