Scar tissue obstruction at colon resection
I had a colon resection in July 2011. They removed from the transverse through the sigmoid.  I now am experiencing obstruction of the colon due to build up of scar tissue where they reconnected the colon to the rectum. They have dilated the colon 6 times over the last 8 weeks and I am now at a size 20 balloon. Each week I have closed by half of what was opened the week before. How many times can the colon be dilated before the surgeon should be called back in?  Are there any other options available other than Surgery or dilation?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend you get a second opinion from another gastroenterologist about this to determine what to do.
How do I get colon removed!!!  It just does not want to function.  I had "lazy colon" ten years ago but after years of taking kristalose 40 mg & drinking mag-cite, my digestive system has shut down.  i drank an entire bottle of Golyte that is used to clean out colon.  Nothing happend.  Constipation is so painful & makes me miserable.  I'm not under the care of a gastroenterologist right now.  Trying to get a referral but I'm on Medicaid so it might be hard.  I am DESPERATE!!!