Sensation of Lump in Throat for past year
Off and on for the past year or so I have been having this sensation of a lump in my throat.  I went to see an ENT and he did a scope (went in through the nose and looked down at the throat), I had a CT of the throat, and an Ultrasound of my thryroid and a Upper GI Series (Barium Swallow).  There was nothing he could see from the scoping, the CT came back negative, the Barium swallow showed mild to moderate acid reflux, and the ultrasound showed nodules (which the doc said was nothing to worry about).  All in all everything that was done did not show any type of mass or obstruction. Even with all these tests done, I still seem to have this lump in my throat feeling.  It is not in the middle of my throat but more lower and on the left side above my collar bone area.  With this the docs decided to put me on Nexium which helped in the beginning but then the feeling came back, now I am on Ranitidine twice a day with taking Mylanta (for gas).
I am worried that this might be something like cancer.  What are the chances that all these tests missed something? I am really worried and would appreciate any input.
Hi all,

I too have experienced this lump in the throat sensation. I went to an ENT as well and reported no concerns. This problem for I has lasted for two months and continues to be a problem. About two months ago I started seeing a chiropractor for spinal correction. I am wondering if somehow this is related. If anyone with the same problem has experienced both things at once please reply. Thanks so much!
I too have that sensation in my throat and the ENT told me that I was having spasms in my throat causing this to feel this way. He said that while he was in my throat I started spasing and this is what he told me was the problem. He tried to get me to take valium, but I can't live or work on that so I just deal with it.
I've had the same problem for a few months now - a sensation that there is a lump in the left side of my throat, towards the back of the neck, just above the collar bone. It usually bothers me only in the mornings, especially when I drink cold water. The sensation gets worse when I swallow with my head tilted down and to the left. I also have been getting acid reflux in the mornings recently, which coincided with the onset of this lump sensation in my throat. I wonder if the two conditions are somehow related? Other than the fact that I can’t drink cold water in the mornings with my head titled down, this lump sensation hasn’t bothered me, so I haven’t sought medical attention.
I am female 32,  2 kids.

i have had this sensation of a lump in my throat for about two weeks now.  I was in the ER a few weeks ago due to somethin unrelated (so I thought).  I was having severe mid chest pains.  To sum it all up, the ER doctors thought I was having a gall bladder attack or ulcer. Anyways, the tests disproved that and my family doctor later said it could be due to the fact that I was wearing SPANX....that's right...the slimming apparel! My female doctor said she had the same issue and stoped using them.  She said that the pants were somehow pushing my insides to the point of creating acid. So fine, I stopped wearing them, but now I have this sensation of something being in my throat at all times.  I'm so scared.  I'm having diffculty breathing and dont know what to do! I'm sure this is all related...does anyone have a similar story?

I have also been experiencing this lump in the throat sensation and it all started when I went to see a physiotherapist for stiff neck and shoulder problems. One of the techniques that she used was to press my neck from the back quiete hard while I was lying on my tummy and I think that she caused this problem. Could it just be a co-incidence?
it is anxiety,i had it and when i found out,it went away
my wife also has the same situation, any one out there who's been treated by the doctor, can let us know the address so we can go & do the treatment .
many thanks
I have been having the same problems also shortly after I started seeing a chiropractor and began having adjustments. Did you get yours resolved?