Sensitive Intestine - Please help
My condition began with what felt like a swollen instestine - concentrated in the lower left stomach or lower intestine. Some days my intestines are more sensitive than others, but never to the point of being painful - constantly uncomfortable - but no "pain".  I have regular, healthy bowel movements.

My PCP prescribed two round of antibiotics - no change. I had a ct scan of the intestines and her initial diagnosis was minor swelling in the intestinal lining and referred me to a gastro specialist. The gastro specialist took stool samples, no blood, and I had a colonoscopy. According to my colonscopy - I am healthy - no problems at all. After the colonscopy my intestines were extremely sensitive and were back to their original and uncomfortable state in a few days.

No Dr has been able to tell me anything about my condition. The gastro specialist suggested it may be hypersensitivity - due to a previous infection - and prescribed a pain killer - ipramine - which has had little to no effect.

After almost 6 months, I am no closer to understanding how to fix myself than before. I feel as if I am throwing money down the drain and am open to any suggestions on how to remedy my hypersensitivity. I truly appreciate any replies, as my situation is extremely frustrating.

In summary:
-hypersensitive/swollen intestine
-completely regular bowel movements
-normal colonoscopy results
-CT scan came back with slight swelling of intestinal lining
-ipramine for "pain relief" - little to no effect
-itching of anus area - despite excellent hygiene

Some days better than others...thanks in advance
Hi, I'm a nutrtionist.  I always tell my patients to see both a traditional dr and a holistic dr.  The tradtional dr has done all he can for you.  Fina a good holistic dr.  Have him check you for yeast.  Also have a Heidelberg Gastrogram test done. (google ths).  Both tests could be of help to you and only a holistic dr does them.  Good luck!