Aa
A
A
Close
Serious pain
Almost two years ago my gallbladder ruptured, it had gangrened and I went septic. I was put on life support due to ordain failure and the bile got to my brain.  When I finally awoke (almost two weeks later) I lost about a month of memory prior to the surgery. I recovered quickly but for the last year and a half have had severe back pain and can tell I now have a learning curve.  I'm in pain everyday and am now battling depression.  Its hard for me to work because of the pain and confusion when trying to learn a new skill. I feel like I am loosing myself and my family. Are there any related cases where help was given...or am I alone in this?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Back pain could result from postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc.; while the neurological status may require a detailed evaluation by a neurologist and the expected prognosis may vary with the diagnosis/ primary condition I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist and a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources