Seromas after Sigmoid Resection
One year after a sigmoid resection, I am still struggling with the seromas which developed within two months after the surgery.  Pain and pressure and obstruction are the problems--there are reportedly three seromas--all an inch or smaller-- that have developed, along with extensive scar tissue, at the sight of the incision and rejoining.  I am told if it gets unbearable, there is the possibility of draining, which risks infection, or further surgery, which risks more scar tissue and possibly more seromas.  I have had two CT scans and one transabdominal ultrasound to subsequently check the status of these seromas.
Is this a rare thing following a colon resection?  I haven't heard of anyone else who had seromas after a colon resection.  And though I am somewhat miserable, at the same time, I am very hesitant to risk more procedures of any kind.  I am on a constant soluble fiber diet, tons of water, exercise and water water enemas to be even marginally functional.