Gastroenterology Community
Severe Scar tissue

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Severe Scar tissue

My sister (41yrs) just had her 6th surgery on her abdomen. When they opened her they said there was nothing that could be done to help her. She has scar tissue that has covered her liver, kidneys, pancreas, and has moved her intestines & made them into a ball and attched to the abdomen wall. We are trying to find someone who specializes in severe scar tissue on the intestines. She is in a great deal of pain and has to start pain management. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated
It may be Seprafilm. It might help, but it doesn't retard all adhesion formation, but it's worth a try. In addition, you may want to consider contacting people who work with visceral manipulation. Can help stretch the darned adhesion to allow for more comfort. Check the iahp.com website or call the Barral Institute to ask about therapists in your sister's area.
Hi!
My mum had very similar problems a few years ago.
She ended up going to the UK to have  surgery where they cut the adhesions and wrapped the intestines and organs in a film like substance that dissolves eventually to help avoid more scar tissue forming again....Im sorry, I cant remember what it was called....
yes, I think it might have been seprafilm.....I've heard gor-tex is also an option too