Severe Stomach Cramps, Chills, Sweating
I am 38, 110 lbs- I exercise. and eat healthy. Never have a problem eating any kinds of foods, never have heartburn or acid reflux. About 6 months ago I began having random stomach attacks... about twice a month. unbearable pain about one inch below where my sternum ends- right in the middle. The pain is so bad it paralyzes me- I have to lay down - writhing in pain- it is accompanied by chills, sweating, nausea, bloating. It feels like someone is squeezing my stomach. It lasts for about 4 to 5 hours. I have an armory of Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, PeptoBismal. Nothing helps.... there is no rhyme or reason- no food connection. Could happen at any time.

This morning I woke feeling fine- did not have anything to eat or drink-  within 30 seconds I went from feeling fine to having a stomach "attack". It was so bad, I wanted to call an ambulance but could not get up to use my phone. After it subsided a bit a few hours later, I took a Tylenol 3 and drove myself to the local Urgent Care as I could not drive to the hospital due to the pain. They took blood, did a urine test and gave me ex rays. The doctor said it was stress and prescribed Protonix . Protonix is for acid reflux- I have never had heartburn or acid reflux.

The pain subsided (I believe due to the Tylonel 3 which has codeine in it). I ate some chicken broth and crackers, took the Protonix and here a few hours later, I am feeling the pain coming back. I do not have any stress in my life at the moment, so I just don't think this is due to an acidic stomach from stress. I remember that I had these episodes twice when I was between 8 and 10- such bad pain that I remember those attacks all these years later. Any input or ideas as to what this might be? I would like to go see a specialist but not sure which type. Thanks in advance.
Has anyone checked you for gallbladder issues? The tests that are typically used are an ultrasound and a HIDA scan with CCK injection. In addition, withing 24 hours of severe pain, you may want to ask to have your liver and pancreatic enzymes checked out.

could be esophageal spasms that come and go with the act of eating...if you gave anything like GERD,,or gasteritis,,,these spasms can be more common,and realy hurt!
I have the same thing you are describing.  I had a ultrasound for the gallbladder, upper endoscopy, stomach emptying test, liver function test and they all came back negative/normal.  Mine started 10  months ago, they come every month with no relation to food or time. Like you I have never had trouble with heartburn or acid reflux, I went to the ER and was told I had GERDS, and was given ZANTAC, then NEXIUM and the attacks still happened. It seems to baffle the DR's when I say it comes once a month. It will last from 25 minutes, to off and one for 3 days and eventually I will throw up and it will ease up after I have thrown up. Usually only to return again in a few hours. Today I am on my 3rd day its 1:07 am and Im up because it is worse if I lay down, this attack started Thursday night at 730PM.
Please let me know if you find out what is wrong with us and I will do the same for you

Gallbladder or pancreas problem. Find a good GI doctor. Search them on the internet before you see them. not all Gi doctors are good and not all specialize in gallbladder and pancreas problems