Gastroenterology Community
Severe Stomach Pain, Elevated AST/ALT

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Severe Stomach Pain, Elevated AST/ALT

First off, I am a 24 year old male.

I have been experiencing severe pains in my stomach and back lately. I also now have an extended gut, which I have never had before. It doesn't feel like I am getting fat, but I thought that maybe the stomach pain was just perhaps from over eating and my stomach itself was stretching.

A friend brought up the point that I dont have any fat on me and that my stomach was lopsided, favoring the right side.

I then went and got some bloodwork done.

My AST levels came back as 289, and my ALT levels were 225.

I scheduled an appointment to see my physician friday. (I had the tests done at Urgent Care, and he said if the pain increases to go to the ER.)

The pain has been increasing, but I just want to know if its a condition worth going to the ER for, or if I'm just being a baby.