Severe abdominal cramping with nausea and feeling of passing out
Once every 3 months or so, sometimes more frequently I experience episodes.  These usually occur early in the morning, waking me up (4 to 7 AM).  In bed I experience mild abdominal cramping.  I move to the bathroom and the cramping becomes SEVERE.  Shortly after I will start belching.  I hear gurgling noises from my abdomen.  Nausea occurs.  I feel like I am going to pass out.  I get clammy and cold.  Most of these symptoms come and go in severity as the cramping comes and goes.  It is absolutely excruciating.  This will progress without any bowel movement for a good 20-30 minutes (sometimes it can last an unbearable 45  minutes!).  Then I will have a series of bowel movements, starting with a normal stool and finally ending with a very watery stool.  After the bowel movement, all cramping etc. goes away, but I feel wiped out for the rest of the day.  I'm wondering what is going on.  Any comments?  Thanks!
You could be alergic to certain foods or have IBS (irritabal bowl syndrome) maybe you should watch for your diet and what you eat on that day of the pain. I would go to the doctors and ask just incase because it couldbe anything.
you should tell  your primary care physician and get a referal to see a gi doctor
I'm wondering if this could be caused by some sort of intestinal blockage working its way out?  I have had something similar to this happen to me maybe 3-5 times ever, though I think maybe it only took me about only 10 mins to start to go.  It’s pretty scary!  And it’s mostly early in the morning too.  I've also seen some people post here on similar experiences and I'm pretty sure they say Doc's don't have a clue, and say its IBS.  And maybe it is, I really don't know.  I keep forgetting to ask my GI about it when I go in, mostly because I’m so focused on my currant problem that forget about it until i see someone else post about similar experiences.

Anyway if I were you I would at least go in to a Doctor or a GI just to rule out anything really serious.  Sorry I wasn’t much help, I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone.  It was a couple of years before I saw on here that someone else had this weird thing happen to them too.  
I am totally with you.  It used to happen only once in a while.  maybe once every six months. I tried Atkins for a while and it occured a lot!!
got off Atkins, but now it is happening once every couple of weeks.  When it does, I am shut down with PAIN.  can't believe the pain for about 20 - 30 minutes.  I even passed out one time it was so bad.  No idea what is going on, thought I was just totally weird.
Anyone? any insights?

michariz
That happens to me probably once or twice a year.  It happened again today in the afternoon.  My vision starting to black out and I felt very clammy and had a cold sweat and had severe abdominal cramps and pain.  I thought I was going to pass out.  I took deep breaths and finally the pain passed after like 15 minutes.  It happened again 15 minutes later and lasted another 15 minutes or so.  Usually when it happens it is for a good 45 minutes sometimes a little over an hour.  I guess I'll have to see a GI about it.  I was hoping to get some insight on here but it probably could be for various reasons.