Gastroenterology Community
Severe bloating with extreme abdominal pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Good day.
Twice in about a month this has happened.  I get what feels like an over abundance of gas just looming inside my stomach.  My whole lower/mid abdomen is in severe discomfort to the point where walking, standing up straight, and getting up and down are very difficult.  My stomach gets extremely bloated-out to the point where I have to unbutton my pants for comfort.  Pressing on my stomach and crunching my legs up towards the stomach are very uncomfortable.  The first time it woke me up and lasted from about 6 in the morning until close to 4 in the evening.  The second time it began during a long Saturday morning run and lasted for a day and a half.  A possible third time would have been about 2 years ago and it only lasted through the evening, but I can't be sure it was exactly the same.  I've tried chewing  "Gas-X" relief tablets but it didn't seem to help an awful lot.  The best I could do was sit with a heated blanket over my stomach until it settled itself.  Also, on occasion (not during these "flair ups" - I may get a sharp but quick pain to the left of my belly button - and sometimes there is a little red spot there that fades away eventually.
I went to my PCP the first time and after a blood/urine test it came back coincidentally with a UTI which I don't believe is the cause.
I apologize for the re-post in this forum.
UTI  can cause alot of bloating , and alot of lower belly pains  . ive been having them since 1999 , and my last 2 were about 3 months apart . sometimes u dont know you have them and others they let u know real quick . but the main symptoms  is pain during urination. and the heavy bloating feeling in your lower belly region. i hope they gave you antibiotics for the uti . if not it will and can turn into a bad kidney infection. hope this gave u some insite as to what may be the problem !